Last Updated: 04/10/2020
Introduction and overview
What Cookies Are
A ‘cookie’ is a small file which is created by a website and stored on your device. Often, Cookies contain a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but can contain other information. Cookies serve many different purposes, including to help remember your preferences or allow the Service to function.
There are different types of Cookies:
- Cookies are “persistent”, “permanent” or “session”:
- Persistent and permanent Cookies remain on your device even after you have gone offline. These cookies will remain on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration specified in the Cookie file itself.
- Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- Cookies can also be “first-party” or “third-party”:
- First-party Cookies are Cookies that are placed by Homeze.
- Third-party Cookies are placed by our partners, vendors and other third parties. We do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties using Third party Cookies.
- We also classify Cookies according to whether they are “Essential”, “Functional”, “Improved Performance”, or “Advertising”:
- Essential Cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our Services (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Functional Cookies increase the usability of an online service by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login information, and so on).
- Improved Performance Cookies collect data on the performance of an online service, such as the number of visitors, the time spent on a website and error messages and allow us to conduct analytics and provide you with more personalized services.
- Advertising Cookies enable us and our ad network partners to display advertising personalized to you.
- protect your information and improve the security of our Services
- help you sign up for our Services
- understand your interests and needs
- understand which features are helpful to you and improve our Services
- recognize your device, network, or browser over time or correlate IP addresses, mobile devices, and other technologies to determine if multiple devices may relate to the same user or account.
- assess the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- display advertising on our services or to manage our advertising on other websites, in accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Principles.
Types of Cookies Used
An overview of the cookies used on our Services is set out in the following table.
Please note that even if you opt-out of Cookies or interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they just won’t be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or use a new or different device, you may need to renew you Cookie preferences.
Controlling Cookies on our Services
Many devices and internet browsers are set to automatically accept Cookies. Information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of Cookies can be found in your browser settings. If you use different devices to access our Services, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your Cookie preferences.
Most mobile operating systems provide you an option in the device settings to limit ad tracking associated with the device ID they may share with us. Please reference your mobile operating system’s help center to learn more.
To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie, www.allaboutcookies.org, or www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that Homeze has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third-party websites.
Please note that not all browsers provide the ability to remove Flash Cookies. You can restrict or block Flash Cookies through the Adobe website and links for doing so are included below. As with any Cookie, if you do restrict Flash Cookies, there may be some features of our Services that you won’t be able to use.
Resources for Controlling Third-Party Cookies:
The following websites provide choices to opt-out of tracking through certain third-party advertising and analytics Cookies:
- For Users in the US: https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/
- For Users in the EU: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s or Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out pages.
- For users in the UK or France, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- For users in Canada, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/
- Click here to opt-out of targeted ads on Facebook.
- Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or to customize Google Display Network ads.
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)